With side by side refrigerator, normally the size of the freezer is bigger than a bottom mount or top mount refrigerator. You can also reach for things in the freezer easier. And a Side by Side refrigerator offers more storage than a bottom mount or a top mount refrigerator.
Best Side by Side Refrigerator in Australia 2020 based on the Value for Money, Customer Satisfaction, and Features
Best Side by Side Refrigerator with Ice & Water Dispenser
Both LG 668L Side by Side Refrigerator and Samsung 676L Side by Side Refrigerator are best selling side by side fridge with ice & water dispenser. However, when we searched for customer reviews, Samsung 676L had less satisfying reviews.
You get everything that you need in this refrigerator:
- Ice & water dispenser without requiring any plumbing, which allows you to fill even tall bottles
- 422L refrigerator capacity and 246L freezer capacity
- Quiet and durable LG Inverter Linear Compressor, which comes with a 10-year parts warranty
- With the smart feature, you can set the temperature even when you are not in front of the fridge, using a compatible smartphone and LG ThinQ app. It also has the function of Smart Diagnosis, where it can tell you if there is anything that needs to be repaired.
- Alarm to remind you when the door is not closed properly
- Slim SpacePlus Ice System, which allows you to have bigger storage capacity for other items as the ice cubes are stored in a space-efficient spot at the back of the fridge door
- Anti-fingerprint finish so your refrigerator will always look clean
- Moist Balance Crisper to keep vegetables fresh for longer
- BioShield Anti-Bacterial seal
The energy rating is just the same as other side by side refrigerators: 3 star.
Best Side by Side Refrigerator without Ice & Water Dispenser
This LG InstaView Refrigerator is a little bit more expensive than the 679L one or the older 687L White Refrigerator, but it is worth it. It has these unique features that the other side by side refrigerators don’t have:
- With the InstaView feature, you can see the inside of the fridge without open the door, which would reduce the cold air loss to keep your food fresh for longer
- Wine rack and utility box
- Door Cooling system to ensure your items at the back of the door also gets the cold air
- Pure N Fresh, which minimises the odours in the refrigerator using the air filtration system. A fan actively forces air through the carbon deodoriser and recirculates it back across the shelves
You will also get:
- Newest LG Inverter Linear compressor, a quiet and durable compressor with 10-year parts warranty.
- With the LG ThinQ app, you can set the temperature setting of the fridge using your compatible smartphone, or find out what’s wrong with the fridge, when there is any. It has Smart Diagnosis capability.
- Moist Balance Crisper to keep your vegetable stay fresh for longer
- Surround Cooling to ensure all your items in the refrigerator get the cool air to keep them fresher for longer
- Door Open Alarm, to remind you when you have not closed the door properly
- Space-efficient storage for your ice cubes
- Sleek pocket handle
- 422L Fridge capacity and 265L freezer capacity
With such features, no wonder everyone who bought it love the fridge. It has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 according to Google, which compiles every review on the internet.
How To Choose a Side By Side Fridge
Choosing a side by side fridge requires careful consideration because it is quite a bit of money. For that, you can pay attention to the tips on how to choose a side by side fridge below to get the best product according to your taste.
1. Always Pay Attention to Kitchen Space
Where will you put the side by side fridge that you bought? When deciding to buy a side by side fridge, the first thing you think of is the place. You must have enough room to open and close the refrigerator door more easily.
If the room you are using is too narrow, you will have difficulty opening your side by side fridge. The side by side fridge size, which is usually quite large, certainly requires more storage space as well. You can prioritize this product by moving other items if your kitchen is narrow.
2. Check the Water and Ice Dispenser
The side by side fridge will make it easier for you to get water or ice without having to open the fridge door. This feature is even the main reason for some people to choose a side by side refrigerator model. The functions that are presented to make you easier to use while making it more efficient.
Advanced technology is applied to a refrigerator model like this, so it’s no wonder the price is expensive. You don’t need to bother taking ice cubes from the freezer like a normal refrigerator because water and ice dispenser features are available. Without the need to open the door, you can enjoy cold water and ice.
3. Pay attention to The Storage Shelf Function
A side by side fridge product has a larger storage shelf capacity than an ordinary refrigerator. You can check this feature to see if you can pick up frozen food easily.
Through the location of the freezer on the side, you can find it easier to pick up frozen food. Make sure to always check each existing storage rack whether it can function normally or not. By selecting a convenient storage function, you can retrieve everything faster.
4. Check Energy Consumption
With a larger size and more complete functions, a side by side fridge certainly requires more power. This equipment that uses electricity can make your monthly electricity expenses swell. Therefore, you must check each energy consumption required by each product you are going to buy.
To be more economical, you can choose products that have energy-saving certificates. Besides being able to minimize the electrical energy needed, you can also save expenses.
5. Prepare Money
The most important thing you have to prepare when buying a side by side fridge is budget. Without money, you won’t be able to bring home a side by side fridge unit.
Because of its larger size, more storage racks and more sophisticated features, the price of a side by side fridge is certainly more expensive than a regular fridge. You have to prepare a large enough fund if you want to buy it. To consider it, you can check prices via the internet.
A side by side fridge is an expensive item, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have it. Follow the tips on how to choose a side by side fridge above so you can get the right product.